Winberie’s offers a comfortable, casual dining experience where the richness of true American flavors blend with the quality of a classic neighborhood restaurant. Our authentic small plates, house-made specialties, small batch liquors and extensive craft beer selection join with a carefully selected wine list to present Winberies’ guests with a unique, hospitable dining experience.
HISTORIC SURROUNDINGS 10 MINUTES OUTSIDE OF DOWNTOWN CHICAGO
Winberie’s Restaurant & Bar is located at the Southwest corner of North Oak Park Avenue and Lake Street, in the historic Scoville Square building (National Register). Built in 1905 by the Scoville family—the founding family of Oak Park—and designed by EE Roberts, Scoville Square is rich in architectural detail as well as history. One of the few examples of Prairie-style architecture applied to commercial buildings, this structure is the cornerstone of Oak Park’s Hemingway District’s Commercial Center.
Winberie’s Restaurant & Bar can be reached by the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290), the Lake Street (Green Line) and Congress elevated trains, and the Metra train. O’Hare and Midway airports can be accessed by the CTA, and both airports are about 25 minutes away by car.
STOP IN FOR A BITE, SPEND THE DAY AND TAKE IN THE SIGHTS.
- One block south of the Ernest Hemingway Museum
- Two blocks south of Ernest Hemingway’s Birth Home
- A 10-minute walk from Frank Lloyd Wright’s Home and Studio
- One block east of his ﬁrst public building: the historic “Unity Temple”
- A five-minute walk to the Historic Cheney Mansion
- A five-minute walk to the Historic Pleasant Home